Whether you are building a new home or planning on a major renovation, and whether you are planning to pursue LEED certification or not, there are many facets of green construction that can be incorporated into your building and garden designs, such as:
- Solar orientation
- Selection of water-saving irrigation and plumbing fixtures
- Sourcing locally-harvested and manufactured products
- Elimination of harmful invasive plants and inclusion of beneficial native plants
- Selection of energy efficient light bulbs and appliances
- Installation of renewable energy sources like solar panels and geothermal heating and cooling.
To review the detailed LEED for Homes checklist and view other green construction ideas, click here.
Dancing Grass Designs can help you achieve LEED credits in several categories, including Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, and Innovation in Design. Water demand calculations can be handled for baseline and design cases as well. Contact Denise for information about Dancing Grass Designs services in LEED for Homes projects.